About my Blog

I am not a glutton – I am an explorer of food. -Erma Bombeck

Saturday, July 10

The Cakes I Love...

Just sharing my favorite cakes...

1. THEOBROMA's Chocolate Cake
Glad to find this small stall in Festival Mall (Alabang) last year which sells Belgian chocolate. They have a wide array of products which includes pralines, ice cream, choco treats and cakes! I tried their choco cake slices which sells for P100 for 3 pieces. I loved it; it ain't that sweet and still moist even if its kept in the fridge. Didn't have much icing so you won't easily get sawa.. the cake itself is "brownie-like" which makes it a bit chewy.

Too bad I don't frequently go to Festival Mall but when I have time to drop by again, I'll definitely grab a slice (or even more). I'm not sure though if it's still 3 for P100 (hope it still is.. hehe!) but I'm sure that its definitely worth the price.



BTW, they do have a website if you wanna check it out. It's http://theobroma.com.ph/ =)

2. CHOCOLAT's Death by Tablea, Deep Dark Classic and Chocolate Carrot Cake



One reason why I like going to Mall of Asia is because I get to buy my favorite chocolate cakes from CHOCOLAT. I first read about how good their cakes are online, so I didn't miss to drop by their store to try it for myself. I easily fell in love with the Death By Tablea and Choco Carrot cakes. I love that both has bittersweet icing, and I dunno if I'm weird but I like keeping it in the fridge overnight first before I eat it. But probably I'd love the Choco Carrot Cake more if it had more nuts and pineapple but the choco icing's perfect.

Recently, I tried the Deep Dark Classic and at first I thought it would but too sweet.. but I was wrong. The icing was a bit sweeter than Death by Tablea's but it was just right. Same as their other cakes, it was moist and definitely yummy.. twas cheap also for P50/slice. :)

I was happy they are included in the "weekend market" of SM Makati so it's more accessible now. I don't need to drive all the way to MOA just to buy their cakes. Wish they'd have a permanent stall there already *cross fingers* :)


3. BANAPPLE PIES & CHEESECAKES

Got to try the following goodies.. there are a couple who didn't make it to my taste but the others... I simply LOVE them!




Banoffee Pie (P80)
- Truly their bestseller! It's uber yummy!! It had generous amounts of banana chunks perfectly mixed with dulce de leche. The crust itself was soooo good and the choco shavings on top was just perfect!! I just had to scrape off the whipped cream coz I don't really like whipped cream, hehe! Definitely a must try!! *w00t*


Honeylovin' Crunch Cake (P95)
- Love the vanilla pound cake & surprisingly, even the cream cheese filling (even if i'm not a fan of it)! The whipped cream topping is good too coz it was mixed with pecan brittles. I often scrape it off, but this one doesn't taste like the usual icing. I chilled it a bit before I ate it so the cream cheese and icing won't be melted which will make it extra sweet.

Fudgymudgymud Pie (P85)
- I shared a slice with my sister; but unlike the 2 other cakes I've tried (banoffee pie & honeylovin' crunch cake), found this a bit "nakakaumay" if you finish 1 slice. I ate just half the slice and felt so full already. It's a bit heavy to eat coz of the layers of choco graham crust, choco ganache, topped with whipped cream, choco syrup & choco chips. I had to scrape the whipped cream off though. But the best part is its choco graham crust. This cake kinda reminded me of Conti's Choco Overload Cake. It's a sinful cake. Haha, reminds me of batter used when baking...


blueberry oatmeal muffin (P55)
- this is a bit disappointing. Too dry. :( I love S&R's muffin more than this one.

Myster-Reese's Wicked Pie
- I so love this cake... it really didn't disappoint and satisfied my peanut butter craving!. The pie filling was rich and peanut buttery on a choco graham crust (yum! yum!) topped with pieces of Reese's peanut butter cups. I was in peanut butter heaven! I just had to scrape off all the whipped cream (since I don't like it even in other cakes/ pies) before I can actually start digging on the yummy pie. So I hope they lessen the whipped cream they put. Hehe!

I'll definitely go back to try more.. the cookies, Coffee Roca Pie, carrot- almond loaf and banana- apple loaf is on my list of must-try next time.. must not forget their meals too! :) Wish they'll have a Makati branch soon.. Katipunan is so far from my place.

28 shout-outs:

maiylah said...

good to know you've got a blogspot account now, so that i can leave a comment. :)

so far the ones i've tasted at banapple are great, too. but i would also love to try their rice dishes (i love eating rice, lol) one of these days. i wonder if they deliver...lol.

i♥pinkc00kies said...

me too, i wanna try the dishes though not much of the rice meals.. haha the pasta and sandwiches nalang :) they deliver daw through http://quickdelivery.ph/ but then I think cakes palang available... and with P500 minimum...

Lady Patchy said...

thank you for always visiting my sad .tagal na kitang gustong i message kaya lang di naman ako member sa multiply .

ako din mahilig sa cake(chocolate)

Budget Traveler said...

I'm drooling here.. I'm a cake lover too but can't get much varieties here in the small city of Thailand which I live. .. aside from not much choices, super mahal pa per slice and not so yummy :(...

i♥pinkc00kies said...

@Budget Traveler: Oh i see. well make sure you taste some of those cakes when you're in Manila. But I do love the food naman in Thailand.. I miss it nga! :( We haven't been there for quite some time coz my parents are scared coz it's kinda magulo there before diba. :(

Justine said...

Finally, you have a blog. Congrats! I always saw your comments on different blogs and on TT. Looking forward to more posts!

Lots of love,
Justine
www.justinebiance.com

princess_dyanie said...

i always see that Theobroma's stall in Festival but i havent tried their items yet. Hmmm...

i♥pinkc00kies said...

@dyanie: try it, its good! :D

@Justine: thanks so much!

Tara said...

Bannapple looks so interesting...wow, I wanna know how to do them. Just can't get enough of them so I'd better make it myself. Thanks for the visits.

☺lani☺ said...

I'll go for classic deep dark chocolate, yum!

niko said...

bigla prang gusto ko tuloy kumain ng cake :)

kagutom tong post mo!! ihiihi

♥peachkins♥ said...

Hey! you have a blog now! Congrats!
It's so nice to finally meet you.

The Peach Kitchen
peach and things
blowing peachkisses

Anonymous said...

Yay, you finally have a blog! :D

(Oh, I recommend the French Dark chocolate cake at Heavenly Chocolates and the Tablea Cake at Tsoko.Nut Batirol for your choc-cake cravings...)

- Midge

i♥pinkc00kies said...

@midge: Oh yeah? I prefer my cakes not to be too fluffy/ airy.. haha!! Will take note... Now I'm craving for a cake again!

thanks for the comments everyone! will update this blog soon. Haha, hopefully I get the time to... ;)

Ibyang said...

that all looks yummy! my husband's a chocoholic, he'll love this entry of yours.

anney said...

Sobrang nag crave ako sa chocolate cake nung isang araw kaya napabili tuloy ako kahit nag da diet. Pati chocolate doughnut pinatulan ko din.hihihi!

Nicely said...

i love sweets! i love chocolates! i love cakes! yum yum! the pictures make me salivate!

Traveliztera said...

wow... thanks for sharing the theobroma stuff! i've been lookin for a decent choco treat and i'm happy that there's one here in the south!!! :D thanks!

Anonymous said...

hi, i love chocolat too -bailey's and blueberry cheesecake! i frequent their san juan branch :)

i♥pinkc00kies said...

@Traveliztera: they used to have in BF homes, I dunno if it's still there though. But last month, still saw their stall in Festival Mall :)

@tammikuu2010: I usually buy from MOA. Hope they'll have a Makati branch soon.

Anonymous said...

Death by Tablea intrigues me. It's been more than a year since I last went to Manila. Though I'm not a big fan of chocolate cakes, I wanna try this. Wanna experience a little death...

i♥pinkc00kies said...

@blauearth: bittersweet choco cake made from tablea. yummm!! :D

i♥pinkc00kies said...

@blauearth: bittersweet choco cake made from tablea. yummm!! :D

i♥pinkc00kies said...

@midge: Oh yeah? I prefer my cakes not to be too fluffy/ airy.. haha!! Will take note... Now I'm craving for a cake again!

thanks for the comments everyone! will update this blog soon. Haha, hopefully I get the time to... ;)

i♥pinkc00kies said...

that all looks yummy! my husband's a chocoholic, he'll love this entry of yours.

i♥pinkc00kies said...

@dyanie: try it, its good! :D

@Justine: thanks so much!

i♥pinkc00kies said...

Finally, you have a blog. Congrats! I always saw your comments on different blogs and on TT. Looking forward to more posts!

Lots of love,
Justine
www.justinebiance.com

i♥pinkc00kies said...

I'm drooling here.. I'm a cake lover too but can't get much varieties here in the small city of Thailand which I live. .. aside from not much choices, super mahal pa per slice and not so yummy :(...

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts... xoxo. Ü