It was only my second time to try the Chicago Mix from Chicago Popcorn Shops. The first time I tried it was few years back when they just opened their first store in SM Mall of Asia. I wanted to eat popcorn today so to satisfy my cravings, I bought a Single Size bag (P75) of Chicago Mix in their Greenbelt branch. I asked that the mix is 60-40, more caramel popcorn than cheese.
 |
| Chicago Mix Popcorn |
The first time I tried this, I found it okay. I didn't eat it right away so the popcorn, especially the cheese flavored, isn't crunchy anymore. This afternoon when I decided to try it again, I ate it right after I purchased it. Since I'm not a big fan of cheese popcorn,I found nothing special about it. The caramel popcorn though was good but I'd still prefer Goldilocks or other brands over it.
 |
| closer look at the cheese popcorn |
 |
| caramel popcorn |
The popcorn ain't bad but I guess I really won't be buying this often. Still, Chef Tony's Popcorn or Holy Kettle Corn tops my list. Chicago Popcorn Shops' Chicago Mix is so far from the addicting taste of
Garrett's Popcorn!
23 shout-outs:
i like this! kaya lang MOA is too far.
Me too,sis. I think the cheese is so-so for me. Nothing beats Chef Tony's White Country Cheddar for me. I like their caramel though. It's not cloying and toothache inducing kind of sweet. But I still put in about 20 percent cheese in my order just for variety.
the only popcorn that my kids want is goldi, hihi.. but i must try other pocorn too.. chicago.. :)
popcorns are love. a must have for every visit to the cinema. it's been so long since I last had caramel popcorn. the last one I think is from holy kettle corn.
holy kettle corn is the one i love...thanks for your tip! have a great weekend! :)
they have a greenbelt branch.
Chef Tony's roasted almond mochaccino or dark choco for me! and the peppermint mocha they had as xmas special :P
i suggest Chef Tony's or Holy Kettle Corn. much better :D
try HKC's bbq popcorn! so good too :D
love it too!! :D bbq or the original one.
I love Goldilocks popcorn! and the Pop and nuts, not sure if they are still around though
That looks tempting and sumptuous. I love popcorn.
Spice Up Your Life
wow! susyal na popcorn..but you are right, kettle corn is still the best
heres my share for this weekend
I still like their Caramel popcorn, sa Goldilocks kasi dikit dikit yung caramel. Sana magkaroon na ng Garrett's dito =)
sarap nito ah too bad it's too far from my place.
xoxo
MrsM
CPS tends to overpromise on the Chicago Mix experience in my personal opinion. If I wanted a bowl of Chicago Mix (that's what they call the combination of caramel and cheese popcorn in the Windy City), I'd just lump together some classic Chef Tony's caramel and Parmesan poppers into a bowl!
I know!! pagiiiiing, Garrett's!
I think they are in MOA or Greenbelt lang...
oh nice idea! although since Im not in cheesy stuff, i'd prefer chef tony's flavors anytime!
I've never tried this before. Too bad they only have it in MOA. If it's not as good as Chef Tony's or Holy Kettle, I don't think I would go as far as MOA to taste it :)
yum! dpa ako nakatikim nyan..salap!
IMO, chef tony's or holy kettle is way better. cheaper pa ;)
I like the Kettle Corn, but I don't like to eat popcorn often. Late FTF visit!
Adin B
Post a Comment
Thanks for sharing your thoughts... xoxo. Ü