Starbucks recently introduced new items on their menu and one of these is the FIVE CHEESE TURNOVER.
Five Cheese Turnover: a delicious melange of warm gooey cheddar, cream cheese, mozzarella, parmesan and Emmental cheese with hints of Italian basil in a golden brown, flaky, buttery puff pastry.
I liked the way the five kinds of cheeses blended and the basil made it taste even better. I didn't have it warmed (just kept in room temperature) so the puff pastry was a bit chewy and filling not melted.. just the way I like it!
Do not underestimate the size of this one. You might think it's small but it's so filling! It might be a bit satiating as you reach the middle part of the turnover, probably because of too much cheese, so I guess you pair it with something sweet or anything in contrast to the salty cheese taste... or Starbucks should have added something like a tomato based sauce to add a tangy taste. It's worth trying though!





14 shout-outs:
Still no chance of bringing back fruit&nut loaf no? Anyway at least they have the sandwiches, hungarian sausage or grilled ham with three cheese. :-)
Oh my gosh.. cheese heaven x5! I have to tell The BF about this - bet we'll end up rushing to the nearest Starbucks ASAP!
@Manila Girl: if you love cheese, this will be something you'll really like.
@badet: yah, still haven't heard if they are bringing it back :( i like the baked sicilian fish sandwich (but wala na rin now).. at least they still have my fave-- tomato, mozzarella & basil on whole wheat ciabatta.
I wanna try! Di ko to nakita kahapon:(
come to think of it, the only pastry I ordered from Starbucks is spinach quiche in HK Int'l Airport. we visit regularly for brewed or Americano but nothing else to accompany our coffee lol!
thank you for sharing. will look out for this next time =)
looks good nga. how much is one?
@gita: 85 pesos.
i was in starbucks a few days ago, but i chose differently, i should have picked that, it sounds perfect from your description :D i'm a sucker for all things cheesy!
I haven't tried that.. but I will.
BTW, couldn't find my link on your blog roll..
you are already linked HERE.
I have to agree, this was soo yummy~ and flavors was just right. I'm buying this again!
I LOVE this!!! :)
I've tried this once and it's good. Parang it's too heavy if you intend to have it for snack lang. Sulit for the price!
i've tried it na rin. next time try ko yung fave mu (tomato, mozzarella and basil) sana available. =)
wow this looks good! kagutom =)
Post a Comment
Thanks for sharing your thoughts... xoxo. Ü