About my Blog

I am not a glutton – I am an explorer of food. -Erma Bombeck

Saturday, November 26

Ube Kakanin

I spotted this sticky ube rice cake again yesterday and being a kakanin-lover, I was easily convinced to buy a slice for only Php15.



At first I thought it was ube halaya but it turned out to be something like sapin-sapin but without the different colored layers. It's made of malagkit topped with a thick and sweet latik. I recently bought ube calamay from the same stall two weeks ago but it had a different kind of latik and macapuno topping.



Over-all, it tasted good. I scraped off the top portion first before before eating the ube kakanin itself. I liked it! :)

7 shout-outs:

crumpylicious blog said...

My mom loves kakanin too. It's so cheap yet sogood!

Ishmael F. Ahab said...

Is that Ube Halaya? I like ube halaya and we usually have that during Cristmas and New Year celebration when we still have ube vine planted on our backyard.

I am yet to taste an ube kakanin with latik.

Oh, by the way, thank you for visiting my blog.

J said...

Oh wow! That really looked good! I love kakanin too!

Admin said...

Ube is always my favorite back in pinas..sarap nito!

thanks sa visit..tc! was thinking if i already followed ur blog..anyway following it now..

Travel Euroasia
Europe Travel Pad
Countryside Trip
Travel Snapshots

Sumi Go said...

I'm not a big fan of kakanin, but this looks yummy! :) I love ube halaya though.. ^^

i♥pinkc00kies said...

@crumpylicious: yup! 1 slice enough to make you full.

ishmael: not halaya... something like sapin-sapin.. :)

Lord said...

I'm also a kakanin lover. That looks really good.

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts... xoxo. Ü