About my Blog

I am not a glutton – I am an explorer of food. -Erma Bombeck

Friday, February 17

Grilled Sausage Meal



I was expecting this to be good. But unfortunately it didn't meet my expectations.


Disappointing meal... :-(


Grilled Sausage with Garlic Rice and 1 side dish (P160)


Grilled sausage- nothing special with the taste. I think it was overcooked too because the skin was kinda tough to slice and chew.


Aglio Olio- very disappointing! It was somewhat oily and VERY salty. I tastes like spaghetti noodles with oil and salt. *ULK* No hint of the aglio olio taste I was looking for.


Garlic Rice- I didn't get to touch this anymore and just had it to-go.


I don't think it's something I'll order again nor recommend to my friends... :-|


***


My entry for this week's Food Trip Friday and Food Friday.

43 shout-outs:

Clarissa said...

How I miss dining to Kenny Rogers!I love their Honey Bourbon Baby Back Ribs!

http://ties-bonding.blogspot.com/2012/02/our-10th-anniversary-celebration.html

Happy FTF!

michymichymoo said...

The pasta really looks disappointing. :\

http://www.dekaphobe.com/

Sumi Go said...

Aww.. Mukha pa namang masarap yung sausage >.<

Unknown said...

i enjoy their their muffins and side dishes---yon lang. i don't even like their chicken, parang raw sa loob.:p

i♥pinkc00kies said...

Michy: looks and tastes disappointing talaga. Sana pala i tried the corn salsa nalang and burger steak. Yun kasi pinagpipilian ko e.

Sumi: dont other trying it na. Sayang money mo sis!

Luna: sometimes their chicken is too dry naman.. May timing lang na okay talaga. Cheeseburger lang talaga yung gusto ko sa KR.. And the tomato,mozzarella,pesto grilled sandwich. Sayang nga wala na silang fries. :(

Kitten said...

yes the sausage looks good, very deceiving, thanks for sharing

Dhemz said...

awwwwwwww.....sorry to hear about your disappointment...it looks yummy though!

Tito Eric said...

I cannot understand why some eateries would serve salty dishes when they have salt and pepper condiments available anyway.

Here in Bohol, oftentimes, if you don't ask not to make your order too salty ... it'll be served too salty . It's the locals' penchant for salty food.

Unknown said...

I always have the ribs or the salmon whenever we dine there.. One time they served us dry mac and cheese. Parang tira nalang sa tray na inubos before changing to a new batch. We told the manager about it as a feedback and they gave us a new one. So they have good service i guess : )

Iska said...

Yeah, sometimes these things happened. You dine out expecting a treat and ends up feeling cheated :-( Well, I am pretty sure there are also good time to remember :-) Happy weekend!

Tetcha said...

Now I know what not to order at KRR. Thanks for letting us now about this!

Jenn (Tara, Let's Eat) said...

I still haven't tried any of KRR's sausages - I always go for their chicken... but the pasta didn't look appetizing at all.

Hopping here from Food Trip Friday, my entry is posted here:
Pan de Amerikana - Marikina

Happy weekends!

Anonymous said...

Oh no, that sausage looks sad (and well, yeah - tough and overcooked :p )! I was also disappointed with their grilled fish meal about a year ago - fish was also overcooked, and they said they had to cook it for a long time since the fish was frozen - ganda ng reasoning, di ba?! :o Hit and miss talaga pag sa Kenny Roger's food...

anney said...

Thanks for the review! Mahilig pa namn ako sa sausage! Will never order that.

Irish Fleur said...

aww.. maganda sana kung masarap simple lang ng pag serve. :)

Oggi said...

That's too bad.:(
Sometimes they look good on paper. Better luck next resto visit.:)

anne said...

Perfect for Breakfast thanks for dropping by

Sahm’s Dining Diary

stacy said...

I only eat the original chicken at Kenny roger's. Tried the others but never liked it. Not all branches of Kenny rogers serve well too. Sometimes the chickens are small and dried.

Liz said...

I've seen that too and I thought it was good. Buti na lang I didn't try. :)

KC Canlas | Spread Some Awesome said...

I love Kenny Roger's roasted chicken and their mac and cheese. I love their approach to healthy food. Haven't tried the sausage though. I usually go there for the chicken..

Jessica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mymy said...

awww, too bad it wasn't what you expected...i have always liked what i order over at Kenny Roger's, but haven't tried that {grilled sausage meal} yet.

thanks for visiting!

Aylin Vedad said...

Thanks for sharing! I was looking forward pa naman to try this. *buti na lang!*

Kim, USA said...

What I like at KR is there chicken only. So bad they don't try to make other dish good to taste. ^_^

YS

peachkins said...

Come to think of it, I haven't tried that meal at Kenny Roger's yet....

Kat-in-the-kitchen said...

ay ganon, mukha pa namang masarap...Thanks for the YS visit sis.

Nita said...

Never been to KR. Siguro will go there one of these days :) Blog hopping from Yummy Sunday!

Have a great day!

Nita

Mary de Guzman said...

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience! Same for me though, the only thing I like at Kenny's is there chicken. And that as well isn't too high on my favorites list. :(

Dude for Food said...

Thanks for the heads up on the Grilled Sausage Meal, will probably just stick with KR's chicken.

Kristeta  (kalokang Pinay) said...

Oh no! I hate going to restaurants and being let down and disappointed. I had a bad experience with Kenny Rogers before and I've not been back since. =(

Allen Michael Gurrea said...

I say, boo with Kenny Rogers.. I still haven't forgotten my bad experience with them.

maiylah said...

too bad. so sorry it didn't work well with you. parang ang sarap tingnan sa pics! i must admit, my one fave over there is their corn muffin! :)

thanks for sharing over at Food Friday!

Anonymous said...

Ooh! This is a shame that they're serving aglio olio that kind. Hmpf! Thanks for sharing! =)

Mich of Mich Eats and Shops said...

Ugh! I really don't like it when meals disappoint me. I eat food to make me happy so when they don't meet my expectations, I get more upset. Boo :(

Nava K said...

That sausage looks prepared into perfection and I will also drool over the garlic rice. yum to this food venture you did.

Deli said...

The food looks delicious to me but sad to know it didn't meet your expectations. You should tell the management. Here for YS.

Jessica said...

yum...the foods look delish Sis :-) Visiting late from Food Trip Friday, hope that you can return the visit too.

http://www.adventurousjessy.com/2012/02/my-first-time-to-cook-chicken-wings.html

Jessica said...

the sausage and noodles are my fave here besides the rice :-) Visiting late this from Food Friday, hope that you can return the visit too.

http://www.adventurousjessy.com/2012/02/my-first-time-to-cook-chicken-wings.html

Guia Obsum said...

Aww... that's too bad. I like their tuna melt sandwich though. :)

CrescentFire said...

Haven't really tried much of Kenny Roger's sausages, but that's sad to hear.

dyosa said...

Nothing ruins a good day like a very bad meal.

Rome Diwa said...

really? I am supposed to try this sausage meal this coming weekend but I wont anymore. Thanks for sharing!

cheerful said...

i agree, looks dull! but i love kenny rogers...just never tried those meal, palaging chicken lang nila! :) visiting super late from YS, see you around. thanks and have a great week. :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts... xoxo. Ü