I had to grab something quick for lunch yesterday. Glad I saw a stall of The Sandwich Guy in the building so I decided to just have a sandwich.
 |
| menu |
Lots of choices on their menu but I ended up ordering the
Italian Style sandwich (P75).
As per the description, it has ham and pepperoni slices with some veggies and cheese. It also comes with a dressing but I chose to just have it with mustard and catsup instead of a mayonnaise-based dressing.
The use wheat bread in all their sandwiches. But instead of a regular-shaped one, it's hexagon... I don't know why, but probably just to make it different.
Verdict: it was just a so-so sandwich, something like I can prepare at home. The pepperoni lacked a certain spiciness which makes a the sandwich bland if you do not put any condiment. I still prefer Subway's Spicy Italian sandwich compared to this.
21 shout-outs:
The Sandwich Guy uses organic ingredients, that's why I love them. I'm into the peanut butter banana flavor. ;)
http://dekaphobe.blogspot.com/
i like TSG's Kaya toast kasi affordable for a quick snack.
I've been seeing The Sandwich Guy, pero haven't tried it yet. The same goes with Subway.. >.<
Weird that the bread is hexagonal. I'd like my sandwich regular-shaped. Hehe Too bad that you found it disappointing. Makes me sad when food disappoints me because I expect it to make me happy. Hehehe Maybe you can try Earl's or Subway? :)
okie lang sis, thanks... ang sarap naman picture pa lang... :)
Pag diet ako, I go for TSG for lunch. marami kasi yung lettuce nila
Michy: oh didnt know that. Organic pala sila.
Mel: ill try the kaya next, hehe..
Sumi: you should try subway. Love it.
Mich: it wasnt so bad but nothing so special too. I love Subway!! I wanna try Earl's.
Fallen: hehe try it!
Rome: mine had konting lettuce lang :( try country style.. Love their ham sandwich!
wow! first time I've seen that kind of shape...really cool!
have you tried chuck's deli in serendra? pretty good sandwiches. Their milkshakes are out of this world! (they use arce ice cream)
Mrs.d: yah. But before, they only use regular shaped wheat bread. Hehe.
Lovely: thats on my must-try list. Ive heard that their sandwiches are good!
I love sandwiches. I can eat nothing but sandwiches for months without ever feeling weak due to lack of rice in my diet. I did it while in NYC.
Anyway, the Subway sandwiches are good, although they do not have the hero (softer baguette) here in the Philippines.
I often make my own as you do. They have excellent German and Swiss delis here in Panglao where I can buy cold cuts like pastrami and ham.
Nice photography, btw :)
Despite it being so-so, your photo made it look appetizing :)
I love good sandwiches, so I'll take your word for it that these are just so-so. :P I agree with Jellybelly though, your photos make the sandwich look appetizing. :)
Hehehe this one reminded me of my daughter when my husband bought something like this, my daughter put the veggies under the bed. Wahhh visiting from FTF. Mine is up and its here thanks Sahm’s Dining Diary
The Sandwich Guy! Quite an expensive quick fix. But it's good though :)
for P75, it's not bad.
That looks yummy!
Visiting for FTF! Hope you can stop by:)
http://www.mommys4seasonsjourney.com/2012/02/meat-loaf.html
the shape got me interested...lol. too bad it wasn't what you were expecting. have been seeing them around, but haven't tried them yet. :)
thanks so much for sharing over at Food Friday!
the sandwiches looks delish but I never satisfy eating just sandwich alone :-( Visiting from Food Trip Friday, hope that you can return the visit too.
http://www.adventurousjessy.com/2012/02/our-foods-at-the-chuck-e-cheese.html
looks yummy and healthy. tried it once back in pinas...but here, subway's our fave! :) visiting late from FTF, hope to see you around. thanks and have a great week. :)
wow, that looks good!I love Italian foods! visiting back from bechayinthekitchen and just followed your blog :)
Post a Comment
Thanks for sharing your thoughts... xoxo. Ü