About my Blog

I am not a glutton – I am an explorer of food. -Erma Bombeck

Thursday, August 2

Slice Cafe's Champorado

I've been seeing this all over the internet and reviews were all good. Now I'm curious about this healthy champorado. I MUST TRY IT SOON!

Thanks to the rainy weather, my family for craving for some comfort food so I was able to convince them to have dinner at Slice. Aside from a couple of rice meals and hot drinks they ordered, of course I already have the item I want in mind-- champorado.


Slice's version is a bowl of granolas served with some sliced bananas, peanut butter, chocolate and milk. You can choose whether you want it with milk chocolate (P160) or belgian dark chocolate (P200.) I chose the latter.

Oh boy.. this is just delicious! The dark chocolate was thick, bittersweet and matches the crunchy granola with lots of walnuts and almonds. The peanut butter was awesome too, I can eat it on it's own. All you gotta do is mix the granolas in a bowl with the chocolate, peanut butter, milk and top with bananas and you're in for a treat! :) It's so addicting, I think I can eat it everyday.

I'll definitely be back in Slice! I hope they can open earlier so I can grab some food to-go before heading to the office and have delivery too.

***
My entry for FTF and Food Friday.

23 shout-outs:

Unknown said...

looks yummy aside from being healthy. mixing everything would surely make one hearty meal.

peachkins said...

interesting!! where is Slice located??

i♥pinkc00kies said...

@batangala: oh yea! :D super good!!

@peachkins: BHS central. it's owned by sen. pia cayetano.

Marjorie said...

now this is a unique take on champorado, i gotta admit i'm curious.

Unknown said...

an interesting version of champorado. i'd go for chocolate, too.:p

Anonymous said...

Kris TV already featured SLICE (owned by Sen. Pia Cayetano) and they serve mostly healthy food. Have you tried their bestselling choco yema cupcake?

nuts said...

From your review, I definitely will try this soon! I am craving now!!

Iska said...

I've been thinking about cooking champorado for a while now, hindi matuloy tuloy. I really need to do it ASAP. Cravings :-)

Rochelle O. said...

Interesting haven't tried that healthy champorado. It looks delish! :)

Kristine said...

Looks like yummy healthy food. Must try out Slice, soon.

T said...

one for the health buffs!

jerellt said...

Is Slice the one beside Jamba Juice? :D

Lalaine said...

Hmmm.. this is my first time to know about this 'champorado'..i love the typical 'rice' champorado but would like to try this out too..

Jessica Cassidy said...

I have not had champorado for so many years though I have a box in the kitchen covers :-) You give me an idea to try to make it and hope that my kids will like it too :-) Dropping by form Yummy Sunday :-)

J said...

Oooooh... that DOES look good!

Boy Takaw said...

Perfect for this kind of weather... :)

I personally like my champorado stay in the fridge muna. Haha. Masarap yung malamig eh.

Tito Eric said...

I'm fond of champorado whether hot or cold. Have it often as afternoon merienda.

Cheers!

triggerhappyfoodie said...

if you're into group buying sites, you might want to take advantage of the ensogo deal for slice.

i♥pinkc00kies said...

@triggerhappy: yeah i bought na!

Unknown said...

Looks good. Very interesting concept too. =)

Yaj said...

I'm really intrigue with this, will try this out!

maiylah said...

interesting champorado! looks delicious, too!

thanks so much for sharing and linking over at Food Friday! :)

Tetcha said...

I would love to try this unique champorado, too!

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts... xoxo. Ü