About my Blog

I am not a glutton – I am an explorer of food. -Erma Bombeck

Sunday, February 5

Hainanese Chicken Rice

I had early dinner with mom and a friend last night and we decided to try Wee Nam Kee. It'll be our first time to try it and I'm just so excited! I love travelling in Singapore and I never fail to eat noodles and chicken rice whenever we go there for vacation.

Good thing we arrived around 5:30pm so it was not so packed yet. As soon as we got a seat, I already know what I want to get. Of course, I ordered their bestseller-- Hainanese Chicken. I chose the small order of roasted chicken which was served with soup (P200+). You place a separate order for the chicken rice (P40) since it doesn't come with one. You can also opt to have steamed chicken if you prefer that over roasted.


Oh my God... this is the chicken rice that I truly miss. Very flavorful and tastes like the authentic one. Even if I got to roasted one, the meat wasn't tough or dry. How I wish I'm really in Singapore so eating this will be more enjoyable!

Mom got the chicken noodle soup (Php 215). I got to try it and it tastes great too. The noodles wasn't bland since it has that certain flavor which is something like soy sauce (I cannot describe it exactly, haha!), and the soup is the same chicken soup they serve with their chicken rice. You can also choose if you want the chicken topping to be roasted or steamed. Mom chose steamed since I shared my roasted chicken with her. Sorry I didn't get to take a photo of the noodles; mom started eating once it was served. My friend ordered steamed chicken rice and it receives a two thumbs up from her as well!

We all had a very satisfying dinner.. and we're definitely coming back! :)

17 shout-outs:

michymichymoo said...

Is there any other branch aside from the Ayala Triangle? :)

http://dekaphobe.blogspot.com

The Pickiest Eater said...

This is my fave Hainanese Chicken here :)

i♥pinkc00kies said...

@pickiest eater: YEAH.. me too!! <33

Anonymous said...

If you go to singapore try the chilli crab as well, thats one of their singature dishes too

maiylah said...

haven't tried them yet, but would love to! that looks and sounds good! am hungry...again! lol

thanks much for sharing over at Food Friday!

Anonymous said...

Looks good, gotta try this!

Sumi Go said...

I love Hainanese chicken rice! :D I've never tried eating at Wee Nam Kee though, pero we'll surely give it a go soon. One of the best Hainanese chicken rice destination daw yan eh :)

Mary de Guzman said...

Haven't tasted the roasted version yet! I wonder what the diff. is between the roasted and steamed versions? Anyway, Wee Nam Kee definitely serves the best Hainanese Chicken :)

Kim, USA said...

Wow naman ang sarap naman nito. I also look at your photos in your past post I am drooling!! ^_^ Happy Sunday and thanks sa visit!

Kim, USA

It'sBeryllicious said...

We haven't tried Wee Nam Kee yet. Hopefully soon since D loves Hainanese chicken very much! :)

Cza said...

Delish!!! :D I miss Wee Nam Kee! Everytime we go.. long lines talaga :D

joei ♥ said...

I love Wee Nam Kee also! :) good thing they opened in Alabang Town Center!

www.joeiandme.com
Please like my Facebook page :)

Jessica said...

chicken rice looks very delish Sis, makes me drool too :-) Visiting from FTF, hope that you can return the visit too

http://www.adventurousjessy.com/2012/02/who-wants-potato-salad-anyone.html

Jessica said...

visiting again this time from Yummy Sunday, hope that you can return the visit too.

http://www.adventurousjessy.com/2012/02/my-9th-birthday-celebration.html

Iska said...

Yum, always loved this. When the craving comes, we order this whenever we go to Asian restos. Safe order... a good meal guaranteed :-) and because the last time I cooked this was ages ago!

Pinx said...

i haven't tried anything Singaporean... poor me.. hehehe... with your review, parang mapapakain ako ng chicken... hehehe.. visiting from YS!

Cookie said...

This looks perfectly yummy! would love to try it!

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts... xoxo. Ü